
Gratitude!!!
Here is a picture of Josie taken back in August of this year. When I look back at her swollen face, hairless eyebrows, lashes and head. I am so thankful we are far from that now. She is doing so well. She is working so hard in speech, occupational and physical therapy. We are so proud of her. Today she had a surgery to remove her port-a-cath. At the hospital she was wheeled away in a little bed awake. She just laid down, kissed us goodbye and didn't even cry. As they took her away from us, I thought wow Josie has been schooled in hospitals and procedures. She went willingly unlike the rest of the kids who were crying as they were taken from their parents. What a long year. Glad to have the port out. She has had it since February 6th. Wow! Yippee. One more big step towards recovery. She is still doing chemo everyday but is such a good little girl. Josie watches the clock and tells me when she can eat again. (She understands she has to fast everyday) She never complains. Her best friend is Lilly and she cannot wait for her to get home from school. We have so much gratitude in our hearts for where she is at in this point of the therapy. Happy Day.
9 comments:
so sweet. What a brave girl, and what a big step! Congrats you guys. It is amazing to watch you all take care of each other. We love you.
Yeah!!! She is such a princess. We love her so much! :)
Oh, congratulations! I'm glad to hear she is doing so well. We'll keep praying for her and you all!
What a brave little girl. I'm so happy to hear such good news, you have had one difficult year!
Happy Day!! That is great. She is such a little trooper.
Yay! So glad you are rid of the port. What a sweetheart.
Yeah Ang! I am so happy she is doing so well and pray that she will continue to do so! Are you coming to Utah at all during Christmas? If so give me a call.
Angee, what a thing you've been through. I'm glad you posted the picture of her when you were in the midst of her treatment. Josie looks so healthy now, a different girl. Yay, that the port is gone!
Thanks for the post!! We are always thinking of you guys!! I am so happy to hear more progress!! We love you guys!
Post a Comment